In 1989, Dr. Sawiak was the first woman in the world to achieve Master of the Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr. Sawiak practiced clinical family dentistry from 1966-2008 focused on mercury-free/biological dentistry.
Today she lectures in holistic dentistry, non-surgical gum treatment, pain control, hypnosis, practice management, temporo-mandibular joint pain and dysfunction, and detoxification.
With this experience and knowledge, Dr. Sawiak is the most qualified “Health Detective” you can find to uncover the causes of your health challenges and help you conquer them, putting you on the path towards a life and body that is vibrant and full of energy.
Dr. Sawiak is the past Vice President of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology – a group that promotes evidence and science-based dental procedures and materials. she has also been Chair of the Perio Committee and member of the Ontario Dental Association, and past President of the Women’s Dental Association. She is also the Owner/Founder of the YouWell.ca – Integrative Wellness and Detox Centre in Norval, Ontario.
Dr. Sawiak prides herself on constantly developing her knowledge to provide excellent care.
She has studied in a vast range of health fields and in 2012 became a Doctor of Integrative Medicine. Some of the high-profile institutions she has attended in her quest to better help you are:
- Walter Reed Army Medical Centre – Washington, DC
- L.D. Pankey Institute – Miami, FL
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine – Boston, MA
- State University of New York – Buffalo, NY
- University of Detroit – Detroit, MI
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Western Ontario – London, ON
- United States Dental Institute – Chicago, IL
- School of Integrative Biologic Dental Medicine
- To treat clients as unique individuals and truly hear their concerns.
- To encourage and inspire clients to own and control their own wellness
- To be a source of scientifically-based holistic health information
- To deliver a high level of non-judgemental wellness consulting
Fields of study
- Temporo-Mandibular Joint
- Occlusion and Occlusal Equilibration
- Oral Diagnosis and Therapeutics
- Oral Surgery
- Myofascial Pain Dysfunction
- Applied Kinesiology
- Head and Neck Physiotherapy
- Pain Management
- Reconstructive Dentistry
- Prosthetic Dentistry
- Forensic Dentistry
- Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Pathology
- Dental Radiology
- Growth and Development
- Human Resource Management
- Functional Orthopedics
- Head and Neck Pain Diagnosis
- Touch For Health
- Restorative Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Blood Chemistry Balancing
- Oral Anatomy and Physiology
- Bone Metabolism
- Bonding Technology
- Trigger Therapy
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Bio-oxidative/Ozone Therapy